By Lawrence Badash
Read or Download A Nuclear Winter's Tale: Science and Politics in the 1980s (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Stanley Kubrick's 2001: an area Odyssey, published in 1968, could be the main scientifically actual movie ever produced. The movie awarded this sort of believable, reasonable imaginative and prescient of area flight that many moon hoax proponents think that Kubrick staged the 1969 moon touchdown utilizing an identical studios and strategies.
". .. are dinosaurs social constructs? can we rather comprehend something approximately dinosaurs? will possibly not all of our ideals approximately dinosaurs basically be figments of the paleontological mind's eye? many years in the past such questions might have appeared preposterous, even nonsensical. Now they have to have a major solution.
Why can we locate ourselves dwelling in a knowledge Society? How did the gathering, processing, and communique of data come to play an more and more very important position in complex business nations relative to the jobs of topic and effort? And why is that this swap recent--or is it? James Beniger strains the starting place of the knowledge Society to significant fiscal and company crises of the prior century.
This quantity unites ethicists and social scientists to give a contribution to a brand new kind of know-how ethics. Cooperation with scientists makes it attainable to count on moral questions and difficulties at a degree while the expertise can nonetheless be changed.
- A History of Biophysics in Contemporary China (SpringerBriefs in History of Science and Technology)
- The Challenge of the Social and the Pressure of Practice: Science and Values Revisited
- Plantations and Protected Areas: A Global History of Forest Management (History for a Sustainable Future)
- A History of Science in Society: From Philosophy to Utility, Third Edition
- The Most Defiant Devil: William Temple Hornaday and His Controversial Crusade to Save American Wildlife
Extra resources for A Nuclear Winter's Tale: Science and Politics in the 1980s (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
A Nuclear Winter's Tale: Science and Politics in the 1980s (Transformations: Studies in the History of Science and Technology) by Lawrence Badash